The dawn of the night

                               -Sagartirtha Sengupta

I’ve drowned my soul into the dark clouds,

To search for unnatural, the untimely,

The shackles of death have tied me,

Hard enough to choke my heart;

And the worsening weariness has closed my life,

Into a bottle of unseen heavens.

I’ve often wondered over the darkest nights,

When the moon kisses your dusty stone;

When the wind sweeps your nights away

The epitaph calls for the primeval light,

But who would shine, when the Sun has died?

I’ve lived enough to embrace death,

But not enough to clasp mine own,

I had enough breath to swallow the pain;

But not enough to live it through;

Oh, darling, hold the light, to light my way;

For I go, where you lay asleep!


Contextual ref: This is written from the perspective of a father who has lost his daughter